Sunday, July 18, 2010

How to get fit fast with Beachbody's P90X

Want to get fit and feel better fast? Try P90X. It is not all hype. You watch the videos on Youtube and everyone says how "they are in the best shape of their life" and think yeah right. Well, if you follow the exercises and stick pretty close to the diet, it works!

After battling asthma for a couple of years, I finally felt normal enough to exercise a little after trying a new medicine, but the medicine I was on raised my BP to well over normal. I didn't want to go on even more medicine, so I decided I need to get fit relatively quickly with a goal of losing 10 lbs and lowering my BP. 10 lbs was about all I thought I could lose. I always bottomed out at 134 lbs over years of running, biking, hiking, etc.


I decided to try P90X which claims to get you in top shape in 90 days. Tony Horton, the instructor for the program, also did Power Half Hour which I had done years before to tone up a bit.  He trains movie actor to get in shape quickly for films and such. I gave P90X a try.  Three weeks into the program I started feeling better than I had in years. I had more energy and I was stronger. I didn't realize how weak I had gotten over the past couple of years.


I reached my goals before the halfway mark at around 40 days. After 90 days I had lost 17 lbs, and can honestly say I am in the best overall shape I've been in my entire life! No joke. I am posting a couple of 90 day before and after photos below just to prove it is really me and no joke.


I finished the P90X program and I am now starting month 2 of the second round of it. I lost 2 more lbs and now weigh as much as I did in high school and I am wearing the same size jeans that I wore in high school!
   And I'm 44 years old!

Looking to get in shape quickly? Give it a try. You can download a "fit" test from beachbody.com after clicking on the P90X link. If you don't pass the test, they don't recommend you do the program... if you can't find it, let me know and I will post a copy. ..and of course you should check with your doctor first.



I was not paid to post this blog in any way, this is my true account of how P90X changed my life and I am sharing it with you.  It works!  P90X is available from the BeachBody web site.


You can read more about my P90X experience in this blog: http://www.fitnessandhealthhowto.com/2010/07/personal-tips-on-using-p90x.html

No comments:

Post a Comment